Professional Property Management
Being a landlord is not always a comfortable job or position.
Do you have a home in the area that you are not sure what to do with?
Perhaps, you are thinking of buying a home in this area now, with plans to move in yourself at a later date.
You may consider using the property as a rental investment. It is a great idea and will most certainly help with the mortgage and other costs, but remember renting anything out to others can be a risk. You wonder if they will take care of it and what the condition will be when you are ready to take possession. It is difficult to allow someone else to take possession of a property that will someday be your dream home or you want to be a long term investment.
There are several things to consider before putting a property on the market for rent. Remember the FEDERAL/STATE Fair Housing laws.
Here are some questions that you may be asking.
Are you willing to allow pets and/or smoking? What length of lease do you want with the resident? What does your insurance policy say about a vacant home if something should happen to it and how do they feel about listing TNT, Inc. as additionally insured? Should you rent it furnished or unfurnished? What appliances should be provided? Should window treatments be provided? Will you pay any of the utilities? What about yard maintenance? Who is responsible for any damage or cleaning after a resident vacates?
At TNT, Inc. we are willing to help you decide how you want to answer these questions. Please contact our office, we would love to hear from you and answer your questions.
Property Management Services
- Management of all details related to your investment property.
- Verify the registration of your property as a rental, as required by law.
- Perform monthly drive-by exterior inspections and an annual interior inspection of your property.
- All gas heating systems and appliances are inspected annually to protect the resident from harm and help to protect you from any liability.
- Supply rental applications and all other documents necessary to meet Landlord/Tenant Laws.
- Handle all resident problems and issues.
- Fully account for all deposits.
- Collect and pay all rental taxes as required by Prescott, Chino Valley, and Dewey-Humboldt.
- Obtain bids and notify you prior to any excessive expenses regarding your property.
- Ensure all required maintenance is done in a timely manner.
- Provide 24-hour emergency service.
- Detailed monthly statements accounting for all income and disbursements.
- Disburse all resident deposit refunds and supply required documentation.
- All collected rents and deposits are maintained in a trust account, subject to periodic auditing.
- Thoroughly screen all prospective residents.
- Our website provides 24 hour marketing of your vacant property.
Owner Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What fees can I expect to pay?
A: We have different fees for different services. Please download a copy of our Owner’s Schedule of Rates and Fees for a list of the most common fees.
Q: How do I update my contact information?
A: To update your new contact information you can print out our Owner Information Update form and email, fax, mail, or drop it off at our office. To update your email address, please fill out our Consent to E-Delivery and email, fax, mail, or drop it off at our office.
Q: What information does TNT need from us to start managing our property?
A: A contract, monies and possession are needed. This is a process so please contact us. Please review the following PDFs for more information about our Managing Services.
Rental Policies and Procedures
Q: How does TNT determine rent value for my property?
A: Rent value is determined by location, square footage, amenities, and condition. Each property is unique and rent value is considered based on our knowledge of the community and current economic status.
Q: How does TNT qualify a prospective resident?
A: We perform a credit check, verify income, check previous landlord references, get criminal background history on all prospects applying to be the financially responsible party. If the prospect is an “occupant only” then we will perform all of the above minus income. If there is a challenge with the prospect we will contact the owner to review determining if the increased risk is acceptable. For legal and privacy reasons we do not send our owners copies of the application or credit report. Please review the following PDFs for more information about our application process.
Q:What kind of advertising does TNT do?
A: Our Advertising is mostly via our website, signs at the property, updated availability lists and word of mouth. Any additional advertising can be performed for a fee. “Specials” may be offered during those hard to rent times or for unique properties.
Q:How often does TNT inspect properties?
A: An exterior inspection is conducted monthly. Annually we perform a thorough inspection as long as we have not had a recent move in or are not expecting an upcoming move out.
Q:When does TNT distribute rent monies to our owners?
A: Payments are sent to our owners by the 22nd of every month. We calculate all rents for all properties and deduct any expenses for that month.
Q: How do I change to Automatic Payments instead of a “Paper” check?
A: We will need a copy of a voided check. For more information please email us.
Q: How do I start getting my monthly distribution “Electronically”?
A: You will need an email address on file for you. Please fill out our Consent to E-Delivery and email, fax, mail, or drop it off at our office. We will then send out an email with instructions on how to access your owner portal.
Q: When can I raise rents and how much should I raise them?
A: We recommend keeping rents static on an occupied property; however, all rents are reviewed and subject to an increase on turnovers.
Q: How can I schedule maintenance to be done at our property?
A: Our Maintenance Servicing Contract covers annual maintenance such as; Landscaping, Drip Systems and Evaporative Coolers. We ask that owners keep up to date copies on file with our office. We also do required maintenance such as annual gas furnace, dryer vent, chimney and fire extinguisher inspection as required. If you have other maintenance that you would like completed please email us.
Owner Statements Available Online
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.